Prepping for the big upgrade of our LMS from Desire2Learn 10.3 to D2L Brightspace 10.5. Lots of testing to do, to make sure stuff we've integrated still works. I think it'll go pretty smoothly, but there are a lot of moving pieces, and without a service owner in IT, we're having to make some decisions on the fly. Good times. On track to be upgraded on August 24, with our test server being updated in the next week so we can begin intensive testing (we've had access to it in our Test2 environment, but have had… issues… with authentication, so haven't been able to do much real testing. hoping to ramp that up this week…)
Made some great progress on getting the Learning Technologies Coaches program going. Still too early to share details - but soon…
- Clarence Fisher: The Technology Matters
- Jim Groom: Abstractions: Running WordPress Multi-Site using AWS, Docker, and BTSync
- Phil Hill: Release of University of California at Davis Case Study on e-Literate TV
- Harold Jarche: connected democracy
- Cory Doctorow: What we talk about when we talk about "Internet addiction"
- TE Edwards: Terrain2STL Lets Users 3D Print Topographic Maps from Google Maps Data
- Jason Kottke: The Disapproval Matrix
- Michael Caulfield: Beyond Conversation
- Xeni Jardin: Why "All Lives Matter" instead of "Black Lives Matter" is such a stupid thing to say
- Karen Buchanan: What Fitness Bands Can Teach Us about Classroom Assessment
- Kathleen Scholl, Gowri Betrabet Gulwadi: Recognizing Campus Landscapes as Learning Spaces
- Suzanne Schadl, Molly Nelson, Kristen Valencia: Uncommons: Transforming Dusty Reading Rooms into Artefactual, "Third Space," Library Learning Labs
- Michael M Rook, Koun Choi, Scott P. McDonald: Learning Theory Expertise in the Design of Learning Spaces: Who Needs a Seat at the Table?
- John McArthur: Matching Instructors and Spaces of Learning: The impact of classroom space on behavioral, affective and cognitive learning.
- via Edsurge: Create a Digital Whiteboard with Realtime Board
- Tony Bates: COHERE/CSSHE's â€˜ocean-to-ocean' conference on flexible learning designs
- Josh Jones: 1,000,000 Minutes of Newsreel Footage by AP & British Movietone Released on YouTube: Major Historical Events, Celebrities & Weird Hair
- Campus Technology: Making an Impact With Self-Service Video Recording
- Holly Warland: Children with autism shouldn't be forced to socialise
- Betty Rice: Community-based BEd cohort takes first steps into history
- Patrick Kelly: The Energy of Active Learning
- Jennifer Friesen: Calgary professor links gene to cardiovascular fitness
- Phil Hill: Giving D2L Credit Where Credit Is Due
- Patricia Schwager: Ignoring pain isn't a solution: How to deal with an injury
- Carl Straumsheim: Investments in ed-tech companies reach new high in first half of 2015
- via Stephen Downes: Ed Tech's Funding Frenzy
- Campus Technology: Texas College Tries 'Drop-in' AV Setup in Collaborative Space
- The City of Calgary: Federal funding to fast-forward Green Line to LRT
- Dalhousie Library: Dalhousie 3D Model Repository
- Terrain2STL - utility to turn Google Maps topographical data in to STL files for 3D printing.
- EDUCAUSE Review: A Dialogical Approach to Learning Technology Success
I decided to stop waiting for my bad foot to magically get better, and just start riding again. Feels good. Rode to work one day this week, and am planning to do much more of that. Also, got out on the highway to ride out to Cochrane and back for an easy ride.
Oh. We also added a family member.