I’m working on a way to automate a bunch of this weekly review post – pulling in starred items from Fever, bookmarks saved to my Scuttle install, and maybe some faved tweets1. Not quite there yet, though. I’m hoping to use some time this week to work on crafting something that smushes this stuff together and generates Markdown code for the Read section below.
Lots of miscellaneous stuff – working on the EDU IT Plan, trying to get video hosting as a service on campus, and putting together the skeleton of the new EDU department portfolio website.
We’ve had mixed success with our new Davinci AIO 1.0 3D printer/scanner. It does some really nice prints and scans, but has been a bit flaky. We did print a full model of a heart, with hollow atria and aorta. Progress!
- Ebert-May, D., Derting, T. L., Henkel, T. P., Middlemis Maher, J., Momsen, J. L., Arnold, B., Passmore, H. A. – Breaking the Cycle: Future Faculty Begin Teaching with Learner-Centered Strategies after Professional Development
- Jylisa Doney – Social construction of knowledge in Wikipedia
- Daniel Christian – The classroom of the future: We went on a virtual field trip with Google Cardboard
- Clint Lalonde – On using OpenEd: an opportunity
- Bridget Butler Millsaps – XYZprinting Announces Handheld 3D Scanner With Intel’s RealSense Camera for Just $299
- Boone Gorges – One of the suckers
- Alan Levine aka CogDog – There’s a First Time For Everything! My First Plugin
- Campus Technology – $169 Wireless Whiteboard System Has Just 3 Components
- David Hedley – Fainting research
- Alice Truong – Dreams of entrepreneurial success are luring students away from college
- Tom Woodward – Rampages Growth Plotted
- Sophie Gardner – Learning Technology Hub Open for Faculty and ISS Staff
- John Gruber – The Online Privacy Lie Is Unraveling
- David Winer – What changes at Medium and Yahoo Pipes teach us about the persistence of the web
Finished the fire pit in our back yard, and had our first fire on the weekend. I could get used to that.
- maybe not – that could be pretty noisy [↩]