Van Harmelen, M. (2006). Personal learning environments. Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT’06)
Personal Learning Environments (PLEs) are attracting increasing interest in the e-learning domain. PLEs may be characterised in a multidimensional space. Examples of PLEs are discussed.
this is a very short paper, outlining some examples of PLEs.
There is increasing awareness of a major limitation in many VLEs, namely teacher or institutional control of resources. Control of PLEs may vested in their individual users.
- Duffy & Bruns (2006). The use of blogs, wikis and RSS in education: A conversation of possibilities
- Wilson et al. (2007). Personal Learning Environments: Challenging the dominant design of educational systems
- Effimova & Fiedler (2004). Learning webs: Learning in weblog networks
- Dalsgaard (2006). Social software: E-learning beyond learning management systems
- Notes: The human infrastructure of cyberinfrastructure