Donncha pushed the WPMU 2.6.1 update live today, and it’s a required upgrade for security reasons. I just wanted to post that I’ve upgraded ucalgaryblogs.ca to WPMU 2.6.1 and everything appears fine. It took all of 2 minutes to do, too.
Here’s my process:
- back stuff up.
- login to the server via ssh
- download WPMU 2.6.1 into ~/temp, and unzip it.
cd ~/temp wget http://mu.wordpress.org/latest.zip unzip latest.zip
- delete the wp-content directory in the freshly downloaded copy of WPMU 2.6.1 – I do this so I don’t accidentally overwrite any customized themes, or nuke anything in mu-plugins or plugins…
rm -R wordpress-mu-2.6.1/wp-content
- copy the fresh copy of WPMU over top of the existing one in the web directory
cp -R wordpress-mu-2.6.1/* ~/webdata/ucalgaryblogs.ca/
- run the WPMU upgrade site script to run any necessary updates (I don’t think there were any database updates, but it’s probably a good idea to run it anyway). This will automatically run the script on each blog installed on that copy of WPMU.
- done. test some blogs to make sure stuff is working fine.