Update: Added "Radio Memories"
On the way into the office this morning, I realized that something had changed about the way I'm listening to podcasts. When my iPod is fired up (which is every day), I find I still listen to podcasts about 90% of the time - the remaining 10% is spent in Shuffle mode randomly bopping around my various playlists of actual music.
What changed was the type of podcasts that I find myself listening to. Initially, I was 100% ITConversations. Drinking from the firehose of conferencecasts, and deep interviews, and whatnot.
Now, my favorite podcasts are:
- Caribbean Free Radio - from Trinidad
- SparkleTack - about San Francisco history/culture/life
- Battlestar Galactica - Executive producer Ronald D. Moore talks about each episode
- EarthCore - the first podcast-only novel
- CBC Radio 3 - Canadian independent music
- EdTechPosse - a handful of edtech geeks from Saskatchewan
- Radio Memories - old time radio shows!
Occasionally, I'll dip into a few others
I'm not sure if my taste in podcasts has matured, or if I just burned out from the All Tech, All The Time push of a constant ITConversations feed...
Of course, when I'm coding or doing something that needs music, I usually have iTunes churn through my "My Top Rated" or "Good, Unplayed Recently" playlists at a volume that is way too loud for the continued health of my eardrums...