The Norman family got back into town yesterday afternoon, after what felt like a 24-hour journey home. Checked out of the hotel at 10am Sunday, returned home 3pm Monday... It was sunny and warm in Honolulu, cold and shitty and rainy in Calgary. I want to go back... :-)
There's a whole bunch I want to blog about, including rants/raves about spending 2 weeks in Honolulu (and some tips for anyone else planning on doing the same).
We had a blast. Evan was surprisingly well behaved (sorta). And I got the shakes from not having an internet connection in the condo for 2 weeks (but there was a business centre in the lobby, which was well utilized).
Update: Here are the notes I put together on the timeline / tips from the trip. Thought I should paste it here before the file went missing from my desktop...
June 5 (Sunday)
- Leave Calgary, Arrive San Francisco Sushi in Chinatown with King
June 6 (Monday)
- WWDC 2005 Stevenote - Intel Insideâ„¢ Announcement
- Find out about new WebObjects development licensing (YAY!)
- Supper with Cole Camplese, Jason Ediger and friends
June 7 (Tuesday)
- Find out about new WebObjects deployment licensing (CRAP!)
- Supper with Scott Morris, Jason Ediger, and the MacLearningEnvironments.org folks
June 8 (Wednesday)
- Have Pachyderm deployed as a single servlet .war package under Tomcat 3.x
- Lunch with Peter Samis and the SFMOMA gang, Jason Ediger, Josh & King
June 9 (Thursday)
- Apple Campus Bash, with The Wallflowers
June 10 (Friday)
- Leave San Francisco, arrive Calgary
June 11 (Saturday)
- Laundry. Repack.
June 12 (Sunday)
- Relax. Get ready for trip. Sleep(?)
June 13 (Monday)
- leave Calgary, arrive Honolulu
- Check into condo at Ilikai
- Visit Waikiki
- Visit hotels around Ilikai - Hilton Hawaiian Village, etc...
June 14 (Tuesday)
- Ala Moana Park Beach in the morning
- Waikiki beach at Hilton Hawaiian Village in the afternoon
June 15 (Wednesday)
- Take TheBUSâ„¢ to Waikiki with Josh - hit International Marketplace, Duke K. statue, etc...
- Lunch with Josh back at the Ilikai @ Canoe's
June 16 (Thursday)
- Pachyderm 2.0 Session @ NMC
- Family takes NMC tour of Waikiki Aquarium
- NMC luau at Kapliani Community College
June 17 (Friday)
- Creative Action At a Distance Session @ NMC
June 18 (Saturday)
- Lunch with family and Alan Levine at the Cheeseburger Factory
- Head to Waikiki for the afternoon, wind up staying for Sunset at the Beach - a festival right on the beach, complete with feature movie on a big outdoor screen. Great sunset, too.
June 19 (Sunday)
- Ala Moana Center, lunch at Ruby Tuesday.
- Ala Moana Park Beach
- Torch lighting ceremony @ Ilikai
June 20 (Monday)
- Bus trip to Polynesian Cultural Center
- Luau and ceremony
June 21 (Tuesday)
- Honolulu Zoo (lame)
June 22 (Wednesday)
Janice and George take bus tour of Oahu
- - Dole plantation
- - North Shore beaches
- D'Arcy and Evan take bus to zoo, then hike back, and hit Waikiki Beach for the morning.
June 23 (Thursday)
- Bus trip to Hanauma Bay for snorkling
June 24 (Friday)
- Hike up Diamondhead
- Supper @ Canoe's
June 25 (Saturday)
- Gay Pride parade
- Walking along Waikiki area shops - Galleria aquarium store
- Afternoon @ Ala Moana Park Beach
- Torch lighting ceremony @ Ilikai, and musicians poolside
- Supper @ Canoe's
June 26 (Sunday)
- Sea Life Park
- Leave Honolulu
June 27 (Monday)
- Arrive Phoenix, then Calgary