Blogroll Export from Safari 2

Thanks to a pointer from Sameer D’Costa, I just used a handy shell script to export all of my Safari RSS subscriptions to an OPML file that can be imported into WordPress to update my links/blogroll. Easy peasy.

I hadn’t realized how much my subscription list had grown… It’s now up to 469 feeds, and I didn’t even realize it – that’s 100 new feeds since switching to Safari RSS.

Update: Almost forgot – had to modify the .opml export slightly. Out of the box, the script exports urls as “xmlUrl”, but WordPress expects “htmlUrl” – easy to change using a batch find/replace, and easy to fix the script, too.