Since I'm totally addicted to my iPod, iTunes and the iTMS, I might as well participate in The Great Playlist Meme of '04. It goes like this:
- Open up the music player on your computer.
- Set it to play your entire music collection.
- Hit the "shuffle" command.
- Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
- If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don't have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you'd like.
Here's my list: (a couple embarrassing tracks included)
- the pillow (ft. john holt) - UB 40 - Presents the fathers of reggae
- Red House - Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits
- With a Little Help from My Friends - The Beatles - 1967-1970 (1 of 2)
- Insomnia And The Hole In The Universe - Live - Secret Samadhi
- Road Trip - Michael Giacchino - The Incredibles Soundtrack
- Back To Back - Frank Penn - Tropical Classics
- Foolish Games (Single) - Jewel
- Caminando Por la Calle - Gipsy Kings - I Volare!: The Very Best of the Gipsy Kings
- Lovers & Losers - 54-40 - Dear Dear
- Just Like You - Keb' Mo' - Just Like You
In iTunes, I just went to the Party Playlist, told it to grab from my whole collection, and copied the first 10 tracks. I'm just glad I didn't have to give the first 11 tracks ;-)