When CAREO is launched, it does some stuff to modify its connection to a database, in order to allow me to point it to different databases at runtime without touching code or recompiling. In UCApplication.java, I modify the connection dictionary for the EOModel's EOAdaptor, feeding it URLs for databases, usernames, passwords, etc...
This has worked like a charm on MacOSX and MacOSX Server (of course), but now, on Solaris, when I set the connection dictionary, and do a test connection to make sure it worked, I get this weird, cryptic SQLException error via WebObjects' JDBCAdaptor class:
2 >= 2
Of COURSE! It's self explanatory! Well, maybe not... I'm totally stumped on this one. I've tried connecting to a local database on the Solaris box, as well as to remote databases (the live CAREO database). No joy. Yikes. I've got a request out to the FrontBase developer's list, and will post any responses...
UPDATE: It's still not working on Solaris, but I'm getting a (slightly) less cryptic error message:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: multiple points