We’re hiring – Taylor Institute Operations Technician
Patrick Finn gave a “Last Lecture” on campus this week. An absolutely amazing, emotional, raw, dangerous and important lecture. We are so fortunate to have Dr. Finn as part of our campus community.
Kelsy Norman has been doing a series of interview podcasts with UofC alumni. Lots of great ones, but he got to sit down with Dr. Cannon for some non-official-chat. Nice. Peer Review 55: Elizabeth Cannon sets her sights even higher
I won an award, from the Provost. That felt pretty awesome. But, I am nothing without my amazing team. The EDU is the best.
And I’m taking a couple of weeks off. Out of the office from Oct. 9-22. No big plans. Hanging around the house. Getting The Teen™ to school etc.
- Audrey Watters: Minimum Viable Ed-Tech: The VR Edition
- Martin Weller: What disruptors really want
- via Stephen Downes:
- First Monday:
- Rob Kelly: The Learning Paradigm in Online Courses
- Joshua Kim: 5 Reasons Why Changing Passive Conference Formats Is So Difficult
- Phil Hill: Cracks In The Foundation Of Disruptive Innovation
- University of Washington Bothell Learning Technologies: How Student Video Presentations Can Build Community in an Online Course
- John Gruber: Business Insider: ‘Evernote Is in Deep Trouble’
- CBC News: Former Conservative MP says missing, murdered women ‘put themselves at risk’
- Fabian Mayer: U of C community bike shop makes a comeback
- Jason Kottke: Major global coral bleaching event underway
- Nick Heer: The Slow Death of Comments
- I’m looking into options for better managing the photo galleries at photos.darcynorman.net
- Sigal – Simple Static Gallery Generator — Sigal 1.1.0-dev documentation Sigal is yet another simple static gallery generator. It’s written in Python and it allows to build a static gallery of images
So, I’m planning on applying to enter the Doctor of Education (EdD) in Learning Sciences program @UCalgary. I’ll be working on the package while I’m out of the office this month. Oh, and trying to figure out how to pay for it. Basically, costs as much as a pretty nice new car. And I don’t have any of those because they’re too expensive… Assuming I figure out that side of things, I’ll hopefully be able to start the program in July 2016.